artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  - J.K. Rowling Having read the first 6 books in less than a span of 6 months; I had to wait a little more than a year for the release of Deathly Hallows. This did diminish some of my interest but I kept it alive and plunged readily into the world of Harry Potter once again. I did not stay there long. When I reached the chapter titled The Deathly Hallows; I just stopped reading and forgot about till this year when I was determined to finish it.Why I first stopped reading was because I had forgotten who was who and instead of rushing over the last of Harry Potter; I decided to wait for the right moment to finish it. I read it all over again and this time, I relished reading it. It was like saying goodbye to an old friend.I felt the same feelings of dread, excitement and foreboding I used to and I was utterly grateful to the genius of J. K. Rowling. It all fell into place; fitting together in an intricate mosaic. Harry Potter always always find a way to sneak into my conscience and wake me up.It does not happen out of the blue; but is revealed in a beautiful, beautiful way to reveal the final truth and Harry's peaceful acceptance was awe-inspiring. I love how the guy's mind works! After all, "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."