artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

If You Could See Me Now

If You Could See Me Now - Cecelia Ahern If You Could See Me Now started off with the idea that there are certain invisible people out there who helps and befriends children. It doesn't matter if adults doesn't believe that people like Ivan and Opal do exist. At first, Ivan become friends with Luke whose mother, Saoirse drifts in and out of his and his aunt's Elizabeth's life.

Overtime Elizabeth starts feeling his presence and Ivan realizes that he is here to help Elizabeth not Luke. Although, Ivan is about 6 feet tall and wears jeans all the time, he is an undeveloped character. He thinks like a child and faces conflict when he realizes that Elizabeth has become his favorite not making new friends.

Elizabeth does not doubt that Ivan doesn't exist and she forms a bond with him. Elizabeth jobs takes her to a hotel where she has to decorate the children's room. While, Ivan struggles with the fact that she will cease feeling hi presence once he helps her. He seeks Opal's advice who has her own story to tell Ivan.

There are some moments in the books which I absolutely love especially the one where Ivan inspires Elizabeth to let go. The ending is just so perfect and brought tears to my eyes. Such a beautiful piece of literature from Cecelia Ahern.