artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Bet Me

Bet Me - Jennifer Crusie This is the first book I read of Jennifer Crusie and I couldn't get enough of it! The way it is written is so engaging and pleasant that I finished it in hours. A feel good book which also makes you think at times.

I really like the way the bet thing keeps confusing the main characters. It was indeed a spur-of-the-moment thing, but it kept building up as the novel progressed. Moreover, it was a good thing that Min knew about it because it made all the difference 'cause of that.

How they actually spot, meet, talk and get to know each other is very interesting and kept me guessing till the very end. I love the part where Cal sings for Min; it was really unexpected from the kind of character he was portrayed as. The I'm-chubby-and-feel-self-conscious-about-it situations were tackled by bringing in food talk. I never thought eating doughnuts and wearing funky heels could be sexy! The chemistry, thus, is very engaging. I liked the main charatcers because both of them had admirable aspects to their personalities.

This is no doubt, a chick lit, but then it is turned up a notch from the usual BFFs, Italian food, I-am-fat and misunderstanding situations. The one scene I really liked was when all of them gathers in Min's excuse-for-an-apartment and Cal keeps saying that it wasn't him who made the bet.

All in all, from great shoes to Krispy Kreme doughnuts to Elvis to Chicken Marsala; this book is a joy ride. And Jennifer Crusie is on my list of authors-to-look-out-for.