artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Tumble & Fall
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Hell's Belles (Harlequin Next)

Hell's Belles - Kristen Robinette Reading Hell's Belles was like reading four different small town stories shortened to fit in a single book. It was a few hours read and surprisingly an enjoyable read. I say this because it was different from all the other trashy Harlequin Next books I have had the displeasure to read.

The only qualm I have about Hell's Belles is that the personalities of the four women didn't seem like they were 40 years old. That or maybe all the almost 40 years old act like they are 40 going on 30. At least.

The characters of Della, Mattie, Erica and Shay were all very likeable. Mattie had a part in the story and I was happy with it. And thank God for the unclich├ęd twist regarding Della. If it hadn't turned out the way it did, I would surely have not continue reading. Shay and Erica were underestimated and unappreciated and it would have been comforting if their characters got as satisfied as the other two in the end.

In all, Hell Belle's was a good lazy summer read. I am in favor of reading such books to get my perspective back on things after some heavy, serious reading. And what's more, it's one more to go to my read-in-2011 shelf!