artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Cry No More

Cry No More - Linda Howard I was most certain that Dying to Please would be getting a 4 star rating but alas, it couldn't. That is not to say that I didn't enjoy it. Rather, something was amiss and I just couldn't bring myself to not be bothered about it. A female butler-slash-bodyguard is a way too intriguing story line for me to pass up on. Linda Howard has a peculiar way of making things heat up or cool down in a matter of minutes and that's what make her books such enjoyable reads.

What I didn't like about the book was the eventual way things turned out for Sarah in regards to the Plan. Yes, it is with a capital p. The idea put it in a different league than other similar novels with stalking-slash-killer elements. But I was disappointed at the end and somewhat angry. The eventual idea was that no one shouldn't want to be alone and that angered me.

However, the character of Sarah was a perfect blend of strong and vulnerable and Cahill played his part pretty well. Even the stalker was so perfect and the details in the story had just the right amount of mystery and thrill to keep me going.

In all, this was the second Linda Howard book I read and while, it won't be the last I would like to say that I have read better mystery novels. But, the stalker in this book made me coil away in disgust owing to his age and his intentions. It was unbearable to read what he did and how but it was fantastic, nonetheless.