artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Kings & Queens

Kings & Queens - Courtney Vail Kings & Queens takes place in a time period of 6 weeks, 5 months after Majesty's father dies. Majesty is still raw from the whole ordeal and is trying very hard to go on in life without being irritated by her mother's new friend, Paul and the fact that she's in love with one of her best friends, Derek. In fact, Alec, the other best friend, is the only person keeping her on her toes, patient and just being there for her.

The way Kings & Queens begins will surely take the reader on a confusing ride for at least a few pages. Things start to get clearer though, when Majesty, manager of her high school baseball team, is in the woods playing assassination hide-and-seek with the baseball players and the coach. It's a tradition they perform after every win.

So it's understandable that she has almost no idea that her life is going to get a hell lot more complicated than she can ever imagine. Why is Preston being all nice all of a sudden seeing that it is an alien thing for him to be. Warren looks like a sure bad boy with his spikes and all. She loathes Blake like anything. Even Paul's behavior is getting suspicious as hell. Derek is drooling over Cynthia the slut. Bobby is being Bobby as he dumps Aislyn and Alec is moving in on his ex. Is Majesty actually jealous of that? How?

Kings & Queens have a lot of crazy characters. The mystery is so good it kept me guessing about the person behind the whole church massacre scene and then being adamant to take Majesty's life. As the story progresses, Majesty's list of possible killers is getting longer by the minute. There is so much going on in her life that I didn't want to stop reading at all!

Kings & Queens is definitely a juicy read. I would highly recommend it to lover of mystery with a dash of romance thrown in for good measure. There's also violence, murder and mayhem. Who doesn't want all that in a good unputdownable mystery and a young adult one at that?