artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Tumble & Fall
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Fall For You (The Jane Austen Academy Series #1: A Modern Retelling of Pride & Prejudice) - Cecilia Gray Fall For You is a quick read which offers just what it promises to the reader. The book opens in the middle of a crisis brewing. For Lizzie, that is. Everything she has known as home in Jasta (that would be her beloved Jane Austen Academy) is being wrenched away from her. But she might have a chance of saving Jasta from the indifference of the new owners and the cunningness of Headmistress Berg. And you can be sure she is going to take that chance.

Tired of her life in Chicago where her parents are always busy and the non-existent friends, Lizzie is more than glad to be back at Jasta for her junior year. But things have taken a turn for the worse unbeknownst to Lizzie.

Lizzie takes up the position of Gazette's managing director and becomes Anne's (her nemesis) room mate in exchange for withdrawing her request for rooming with Ellie, her best friend. Lizzie actually wants to halt whatever improvements Headmistress Berg is preparing for. As if it wasn't enough to admit boys in Jasta and to give up the privacy of their single rooms.

Now all Lizzie has to do is help Anne throw a fabulous Welcome Back dance and find out who the new owners of Jasta are at the cost of her friendship with Ellie whose finding a new close friend in Emma. Then Dante literally falls into her unwilling lap because she has to feature the children of the parents in the Trust. Can she trust him or he's being helpful for his own selfish gain?

As Fall For You is a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are reflected in Lizze and Dante. For Lizze, it is about being quick-witted and adept when it comes to news while for Dante, prejudices can often end up being well, not accurate.

The plot was a little unrelateable for my liking but Fall For You is fast-paced and the motivation of Lizzie in saving Jasta made me want to go on reading it to find out her next step. Fall For You is the first book in a six story series. I enjoyed reading it and it is definitely a new spin to the usual offered in stories set in high school.