artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type - Doreen Cronin, Betsy Lewin, Randy Travis Every once in a while a book picked up ends up leaving one feeling speechless. Click was such a book for me. Every single of the ten chapters I read were so intricately linked with the idea of being alive.

From Maggie's couch-mourning to Annie's tales to Jason's period of being lost to Lev's great escapes. Then back to Maggie discovering things and coming to terms with Gee's loss. To Vincent's, Vee's, carefree days to Min's heavy silence and Jiro's rage to Afela's personalities and finally back to where it all was to end. Back to the future or it is really a future of the past.

My favorite story was of Min, the glass shards and the photography series. The earlier thing with the dog attack was intriguing enough to kept me engrossed. I loved the simplicity of Min and the unrelenting efforts of Jason. It ran deep and struck a cord; the way Jason spoke to Min about her pain as if he could sense it.

Click was nothing short of being a great book about everything and how a single human being can touch so many lives and never get unstuck. Although the authors were different, the feel of the story was continuous and each one of them was simply beautiful. An inspiring, mellow read.