artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Tantalize

Tantalize  - Cynthia Leitich Smith Eternal is an unlikely novel about to very different supernatural creatures. One of God and the other of the demon. Classic (also clich├ęd) use of opposites attract by Cynthia Leitich Smith. It started off as perky; up until the point it suddenly lifted off into the air. Not good. I had to read again to get the hang of what was really happening.

Nonetheless, I liked the character of Zachary a lot, as an angel and then a fallen or 'slipped' one. He bought all the wittiness in the book, though his language did not suggest anything angelic in him.

As for Miranda, it wasn't as if she knew what was going to happen but the rapid overcoming of soul sickness and then the passing of one year as if it was a mere week did not fit well. Although, whether she was really built to become a vampire princess was a good thing to explore.

In all, Eternal was more than just a redemptive-slash-love-lust story. And though it could have been better, I enjoyed reading it. All the slasher scenes and the persona of Dracul was too amusing to pass on. The ending fight didn't have anything exciting and when exactly the protagonists fall in love? I hear it's a trilogy but I guess this is probably the only book I will get to read by the author. For now.