artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Tumble & Fall
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Mistress Under Contract (Harlequin Presents)

Mistress Under Contract - Natalie Anderson Undoubtedly, it was not the cover or the title of the book which made me want to read Mistress Under Contract. Rather, I found it short book and the synopsis seemed good enough.

It isn't like Harlequin doesn't publish good books, but they, at times, show an irritating knack for destroying the value of a book. The title of the book makes you think about some reckless alcoholic man who forces a woman to sign a sex contract with him. It's sad really and the cover is just terrible.

Instead, these are two people, poles apart, who suffer from insomnia and decide to spend their nights together. There is no 'contract;' just a simple agreement.
Anyhow, the book was great. I liked the story a lot, it had all the right amount of sizzle, witty comebacks and enough dialog to make it worthwhile. I liked the main characters, their fear and flaws. It was a good, short read.