artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Skintight (Hqn)

Skintight - Susan Andersen Oh yeah, the rating says it all but hear me out anyway. I read chicklit from time to time and thus, happen to encounter certain chicklits I wouldn't mind passing by in the first place. But I pick them up for the hope that they might offer something more than well, the clich├ęd chicklit. But this? This was an exception.

A time pass read, it proved to be way too twisted for such a fun book from the synopsis. I mean technically, the relationship was based on incest. That is worthy of making anyone puke; widowed ex-stepmother or not.

So yeah, I liked the guy's character but I so did not like the whole Russian mafia thing with the baseball. At the end, it was just a futile attempt at a chicklit cross action combination. This was my second book by Susan Andersen and the jury's still out on her 'cause she could do way better.