artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

4-F Blues: A Novel of WWII Hollywood

4-F Blues: A Novel of WWII Hollywood - Charles Rubin, Verna Shaheen I found Hard Sell in a library and the synopsis about the advertising world looked too good to pass on. I am glad I read this book. Although, published back in the late 70s; Hard Sell have a ruthless protagonist and a strong storyline.

Bob Bronson had had been on 27 (28, if you count the present one) jobs in thirteen years because of his shrink's alleged claim that he has a habit of destroying himself when on the path to success.

It is a satirical yet humorous story about how Bob Bronson climbs on the stairs of success, almost right after getting fired from his last job. The book had some good moments in it. I liked the whole office scenes and its ironies.

The whole circumstance with his marriage was expected and I am glad it is talked about in the last scene of the book. Yet, the book left me a bit sad and somewhat serene. In all, I enjoyed reading the endeavors taken on in the advertisement world.