artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Wasted

Wasted - Colin Bowles Wasted is a short but a laugh out loud book. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the blunt confessions of a 16-year-old teenage boy going through the notorious phase of puberty. All the usual teenage skeptics were present, the popular high school girl being the top priority. The book was painfully and ironically true to the popular culture that defines human behavior stereotypically. A nerd gone wild more like. Or at least he tries to.

Ry is hopelessly crushing on Tiffany Dellarossi and manages to get a smile from her as he tries to mess with the known drug dealer boy. Even his dad, Shooter is friend's with Tiffany's dad but somehow he lets her dad into thinking that he is retarded in very way possible. And then her small brother suffering from ADD gets his finger crushed by Ry. So there.

But it doesn't stop Ry from attending parties of the in group and going to rave even. After all, he manages to bury the TV and video recorder set 50 feet from the house. The dog, Pat, is also a funny little mutt who is clearly very instinctively funny actor. The ending kind of sucks out all the absurdities and mundaneness in the book and brings out the suckers in all of us. Or it did at least for me.