artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Twenties Girl: A Novel

Twenties Girl: A Novel - Sophie Kinsella I started reading Twenties Girl around the middle of 2010 and stopped after reading about the first hundred pages or so. Yes, I had a one teeny tiny bit of a problem with the book for including an American character in it. It's takes away the special feeling that I especially want to associate with Can You Keep a Secret? I mean Sophie Kinsella could have chosen to include someone from any other country be it Italian or French, even. (Not that I have anything against French guys, mind you).

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the inclusion of the 1920's theme in the book. And I loved the character of Sadie, however screechy her voice may be. After all, she wore fabulous clothes and had such an adventurous life! Her life jumps out of the book at you like a 3D movie. Oh wait, not that crappy 3D but like an animation of life.

The whole story of the Lington's family and especially Lara Lington, was full of drama and had such zeal. All of Lara's problems and shortcomings regarding Natalie, Josh, Ed and Bill Lington are just perfectly approached and touched upon in the book.

Twenties Girl gives something to the reader that is unique and is meant to be remembered. It is such a thoughtful journey; full of fun, drama and how can I forget...Charleston! Sophie Kinsella, you did it again!