artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

How to Tame a Modern Rogue

How to Tame a Modern Rogue - Diana Holquist How to Tame a Modern Rogue was different from books in the same genre probably because it see-sawed between two/three different genres. It has so much to offer to the reader. It is a hate/love book and I loved it!

It is funny, sexy and all the characters in the book seem like they wanted to be there in the book. Thus, I also liked the secondary plots in the book. Things like the horse, the letters and the ball were very engaging. The character of Granny Donny was delightful and thank God, that the discovery of Mateo turned out to be just that; a discovery. Nothing like a cliché to ruin one's mood.

The protagonists’ personalities were also refreshingly different than other books. It is always welcome to see the guy chasing the girl than the other way round. The author dealt with their pasts as cleverly as possible; it didn’t seem to matter enough to build anything around it. And it shouldn’t have anyhow.

In all, it was a good read and I would suggest it to anyone willing to venture into unknown a combination of genres. This was my first Diana Holquist book but definitely, not the last.