artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

The Lovely Bones

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold I had happen to heard of the book and even had passed by it quite many times on my trips to the bookstores. Eventually, I came to the point of actually buying it. At first, I was unsure about the title and only read a few pages and then forgot about it. Still, I recently willed myself to read it and get it over with.

The Lovely Bones was all and nothing I expected it to be; it left me speechless, breathless and perplexed. A beautiful novel composed of words that only a person's imagination could capture. Of course, I wouldn't comment on the the whole concept as anything being religious; but, the story had an element which I am not quite sure what to make of.

What I really liked about the book is the way their family coped with the fact; yes, the mother did act strange but other than her. My favorite part of the books were the rabbit being stuck in a perfect world, when the dog Holiday greets Susie in heaven, the moment between Ray, Ruth and Susie and finally, the scene when she officially leaves and how she mentions the lovely bones. I had now come to love the title of the book as it signifies something meaningful.