artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

The Partner: A Novel

The Partner - John Grisham I have come to admire the way John Grisham pulls the reader into the story; it is impeccable. The Partner is a fast-paced legal thriller novel which progressed at such an interesting pace that I never wanted to put it down. It had all the ingredients needed for it to make such a good read.

Though, I still had doubts about the ethics involved in the whole Patrick Lanigan case; they are somewhat justified by the slightly edited rendezvous dilemma toward the end of the novel. I raced through the whole ordeal of the case and it was so refreshing to read about an unfazed defendant who plans to have his cake and eat it too.

In all, The Partner was a book that provided me with sufficient enjoyment and fascination to overlook the oddities in it. John Grisham has done it again and I must say, his style of delivering the story is nothing short of impressive.