artsymusingsofabibliophile

artsy musings of a bibliophile

WILD CARDS
Tumble & Fall
Alexandra Coutts
The S-Word
Chelsea Pitcher

Deep Cover: The Inside Story of How DEA Infighting, Incompetence and Subterfuge Lost Us the Biggest Battle of the Drug War

Deep Cover - Michael     Levine The thing about this book is that although it intrigued me intensely; it just isn't all that cracked up to be. The author sometimes act as if he couldn't believe that America and its people could ever be corrupted; and that, there isn't any fowl play involved in such situations. Suffice it to say, that my expectations about this book were null by the end of it.

Other than that, it does put light on the bad guys and the good guys. I really liked the characters of George Urquijo and Steve Nelson. They put some much needed stability into the whole fiasco. The way Levine outdid himself as Luis was also a good thing and also how he manage to record the whole case.

What really surprised me till the last page of the book, was the peculiar role David Wheeler played in the whole thing. It just seemed like a scam at times but I was really surprised at how the government could choose to ignore the only important stuff about him.

In all, I just kinda dragged through the last 70 pages of the book. That may also have been because it had too many names of the people to remember who did what wrong. The 'War on Drugs' was too messed up from the beginning anyway.